Friday, February 17, 2012

Are You Afraid of Scans?

In the past few years I've been through so many tests & scans that they are no big deal to me.  While some people are claustrophobic about the scanners, it has never bothered me a bit. However, I found myself very anxious about one of them and worried for days beforehand.  I prayed & prayed but couldn't shake a feeling of dread.

Finally on the morning of the scan, I was reading my favorite Psalm 34.  When I got to verse 7,  I claimed it as God's personal promise to me:

"The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear Him, and rescues them."

I envisioned a mighty angel of the Lord going with me -- not a little chubby baby angel, but a big strong one!  I continued to pray and remind God of His promise.

When I got to the imaging center, the technician was a wonderful and caring young man who explained everything to me and did everything he could to make me comfortable and at ease.

Once he had me all set up and he was leaving the room, he said, "I'll be able to hear you from the control room during the scan, so just call if you need anything.  My name is Angel."


(Just as a footnote -- I'll tell you what you've probably already guessed -- the scan went just fine and my fear vanished!  I was so moved by the real and personal way God answered my prayer, that I started crying during the scan and they had to do part of it over because I had moved a little!)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a testimony Erin! You are such a witness to God's power, love and blessings.
    Love you sweetness!
    G

    ReplyDelete